Howard Yeoman Rotavator with BSA 420cc

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard Yeoman Rotavator with BSA 420cc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of help and information, after searching the web a bit I came across this site. My dad passed away a few years ago and we have eventually got around to doing a bit of clearing out. He had an old Howard Yeoman rotavator, as far as I know it was in working condition, but when I went to try and turn it over I found it had the wrong spark plug. The spark plug is too small and won’t tighten in the head, I assume he placed that there as a temporary measure when looking for a new plug. It has a BSA 420cc engine, see photos. Can anyone tell me what would be the correct spark plug or equivalent and where to buy one?

Any other information would also be appreciated.

I would like to try and get it running and do a bit or restoration when I get some time, add it to my ever growing list of jobs!

If we decided to sell it can anyone give me a ball park figure as to how much it might be worth?

Many Thanks, James

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Chances are that it’s the right plug but that the thread in the cylinder head is “stripped”. Usually a straight forward job to get it repaired.
    As for value, it’s what someone is prepared to pay on the day!

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Wristpin,

You could be right. I would still be interested to know what the correct spark plug should be though, just to confirm we got the right one, if anyone knows.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Spark plug should be a Champion No 7 with a gap of 0.018 – 0.020″. I would suggest a call to the Green Spark Plug Company for availability and alternatives.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Charlie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.