Howard G24T magneto timing help

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard G24T magneto timing help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello. Several years ago my father in law gave me the Howard he had used to till his greenhouses with, it ran albeit poorly. The mag was in rough shape so I had it rebuilt. Now I am having trouble getting the mag timed properly and am in need of some assistance. I would also like to learn where I might be able obtain any maintenance literature applicable to this machine which according to the data plate is a G24T, Serial # G2531572. I am determined to return this fine old machine to service but here in the States, Howard experts are few and far between. I am hoping that someone here might be able to get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks, Rick

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

I believe there are two versions of the 2 cylinder engine, looking at the literature I have for the type with a 360 degree crank and WICO type A 1483HZ magneto, the timing is 35 degree before top dead centre. Not sure if this would apply to other version with 180 degree crank.

hortiman
    Participant

Hi there Linric
    Charlie is correct,judging by your photo you have the 360 degree crank, therefore 35 degrees BTDC.
    Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.