Howard bantam villiers 25c engine rebuild

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard bantam villiers 25c engine rebuild

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

First of all hi guys,
    I’m in the process of restoring a villiers 25c engine after splitting the engine I have found a few little issues many of which I can resolve. From two manuals one dating 1950 the other 1963 it looks like I have the 1950’s engine my main concern is which way round the bronze washers and springs are fitted into the crankcases and crank as someone has built the engine an just thrown these parts in unfortunately for me.
    I hope one of you guys will be able to help me out I will post pics when I’ve been back out in the workshop
    Cheers Jamie

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Jamie , gland seal bush goes in first , followed by the spring washer , then main bearing. I would strongly recommend fitting new gland seal bushes and springs , along with new main bearings if you wish the engine to run and perform well.
    Above anything run the machine on a mixture of STRAIGHT 30 grade oil & 16 to 1 ratio.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Andy thanks for clearing that up for me as who ever split these crankcases last put the two flat bronze glands next to the crank web and not against the cases
    Also you say fit new ones with new springs I have looked on villiersservices.co.uk and villiers parts.co.uk and do not seam to see them, also Google did not help. Do you recommend any where or is it a case of calling in the new year to the said company’s
    Jamie

andyfrost
    Participant

Jamie , give Meetens a call , and ask for Paul Childs.

Andy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.