Howard 400 clutch / manual

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard 400 clutch / manual

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Evening,

I have bought a Howard 400 and am in the process of stripping it down / rebuilding it. The gearbox is now all up and running (main drive and rotor reverse box). Engine need stripping but I’m happy that will be fine and I know I can get parts for that – Koehler 161t.

So I’m hopefully just left with the clutch. Firstly having removed the engine the main shaft is rather sloppy. Might be that it locates on the engine though? I’m assuming an oil seal has gone too because the clutch housing was filled with oil?

Anyway, does anyone have a manual as I can’t find one on the Internet. I suspect I also need new clutch parts which I’m struggling to find.

Any help very gratefully received,

Thanks in advance guys,

Jon

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Jon.
    I think I may have an owners handbook somewhere, I will have a look. There may be an exploded diagram inside.

Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Jon.
    If you Google Howard 400 rotavator manual, you should see one on the top of the page.

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Jonny
    I found my handbook eventually, there is not much detail, but there is a parts list I am afraid.
    I hope you got sorted.
    Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.