Howard 200 rotovator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard 200 rotovator

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello everyone. Long time no posted, I got side traced with an old James captain motorcycle I had given to me. A friend of mine asked about removing a gearbox /drive pulley from his Howard 200 rotovator. He didn’t know if it was screwed on or it just pulled off. I’ve never removed one, so I wondered if anyone on hear could help. Thanks.

wristpin
    Participant

I’ve got two Howard 200 parts manuals, one titled Howard Clifford 200 and the other just Howard 200.
    The Howard one shows a Nut LH used after serial no 2231001 on the outer end of the shaft and no key between the pulley and shaft which is threaded so I assume that the pulley is screwed on. If I’m viewing the diagram correctly the pulley will be turning anti-clock wise in work and logic would suggest that it will therefore have a left hand thread so that it tightens in work. The LH designation after Nut would suggest this to be so.
    The individual part numbers for both the pulley and the shaft are the same in both manuals but perhaps after the above serial break point the shaft was increased in length to accommodate the nut.

This may be of interest. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxejbkoa7ys89ou/Howard%202000001.pdf?dl=0

vhgmcbuddy

I,m fairly sure the earlier ones are held in place with a key way.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank to you both. John seems to think it might be screwed on, So it’s best try that first. I will let you know the outcome. He needs it off to renew a bearing. Cheers Owen.

wristpin
    Participant

No sign of a key or keyway on either parts list for that shaft but the crankshaft pulley on the engine is secured with a large gib key.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.