Horwool Trailer Sweeper

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Horwool Trailer Sweeper

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi
    I have an Horwool trailer sweeper, bought at auction some 20 years ago. It is towed behind any lawn tractor to sweep up the grass into a very large fibre glass box on castor wheels. I am currently trying to re-commission it for use. The grass sweeping brush is driven by it’s own Briggs & Stratton motor which runs OK. I’m struggling to find the right size belt to connect the motor to the brush. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    71jagman

vhgmcbuddy

Here are some pictures of the Horwool trail sweeper

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

I am sure a good belt supply company could work out what you need. Have a word to see what information they need eg pulley diameter, distance centre t centre, belt cross section etc.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie, thanks for the reply.
    I’ve found a belt supplier (http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/contact.php) who give instructions on how to measure a belt, pulley diameters and C to C measurement. This formula works well for a straight belt but there is no way of knowing what to add for the pulley clutch. I have had the same issue with belts for my Atco Ensign.
    Having said all this I have managed with trial and error to get a belt that does the job, although I think it is too long and as it runs in will cease to function.
    On the positive side I used the Sweeper for the first time yesterday towed by my 28 year old Westwood Gazelle.
    Regards
    Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.