History

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    alan
    Participant

I know I’m always going on about the history of machines, places and their developement etc. But this year has seen quite a few people asking about their machines and histories. Many have also mentioned gathering information together for their own makes of machines, if you are looking for info on a machine or manufacturer then it’ll be out there somewhere!

This year one photo surfaced from an archive, it’s one of those images that one would think wouldn’t even have been taken let alone survived. It’s an image of a worker making a Mountfield M3 lawnmower in 1967 at either Mountfield’s original East Street premises or long-demolished Grenfell Place works in Maidenhead before they finally moved to their Reform Road premises.

Another photo from 1981 shows a showroom with some Mountfield machines.

You never know what images exist!

Attachments:
    dorigny
    Participant

Lovely to see the photos.
    The showroom one is reminiscent of my arrival into the garden machinery world 1980/81..as that looks to be a Honda F400 tiller on the right.? My employer was both Mountfield and Honda agent. One of my YTS jobs was to assemble F400 from the pallets that they arrived on (needing final assembly). Two packed to a pallet with parts in bags and boxes numbered for the machine they applied to.
    One such machine I built up I then went on to deliver to the very garden that I was later to be employed in..for the last 28+years. So ended up using and repairing the tiller until it was replaced 2 years ago and now rests in a shed…

C.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.