HELP , Ive just purchassed a Howard 700

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines HELP , Ive just purchassed a Howard 700

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi, very helpful posts on here..I have just been given a Howard 700 with a Villiers 28B petrol engine which hasn’t been used for years so I too need to get it running. It has no spark so I am presuming points, condenser or coil issues. My mechanical skills are limited so would appreciate advice from members..My first issue is how to take off the flywheel ie best way to stop the engine turning to allow the flywheel nut to be released..Does taking off the flywheel effect the engine timing ? (As mentioned I’m no mechanic but willing to learn!!!)I have read the posts about spare parts which are helpful..I will need a repair manual to assist my knowledge if anyone can assist.Can anyone recommend the best agent to swill and flush the petrol tank? I will definitely need a new air filter too. Thanks in anticipation, this machine really deserves to be working again.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi If you can give me a ring we can have a chat about the 700
    my number is 0 7 9 7 1 5 1 6 6 1 7

All the best Jack ” myosotis “

vhgmcbuddy

Wow,quick response..Thanks Jack, will phone shortly..Mark

vhgmcbuddy

Ive noticed this 700 has a different configuration to the one i have , it looks like the tank was re designed due to the vibration issues breaking the fixings where the tank used to connect to the head . I do know these used to break due to vibration , so did howard re design the tank or has some clever clogs modified this tank themselves ?

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Heres a closer pic

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Barry , as you say the brackets did have a habit of cracking , to overcome this Howard made the type you show in the pics , if you look closely , the tanks are slightly different in that this later type had a flare on the crease to accomodate this later modification.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Andy i thought that might have been the reason why , was the first one id ever seen so i thought id ask lol. See you on sunday m8.

vhgmcbuddy

Pics as promised andy

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

andy

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

andy it looks like a made up depth gauge i think.

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.