gravely model d single wheel cultivator

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines gravely model d single wheel cultivator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hi i need to have a chat with some one that has had one of these engines apart ,its about oil pumps there are two on here but only one works the other thats on the crank shaft never worked as the lug was never on there , to say im confused is an understatment
    thanks pete

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Peter

I own a Gravely model D since I was born as my Grandpa bought her in 1939.Th oil pump is a problem as the original american models Dhad the pump inside the big plate, just close to the big wheel and, later the english made models D had the oil pump outside the crancase, protected by a little hood in the left side of the tractor. Do you understand what I mean?
    Anyway the tractor needs only one pump, so don’t worry. Just watch if oil is turning back to the tank, taking off the cap and watching if oil is running from a higher pipe in the tank. If oil runs, no problem.

You can find infos about models D through the Gravely Tractor Club of America (manuals) or through the English Rural Museum in Reading University (contact Danielle Kristy Mills).
    best regards
    André

vhgmcbuddy

For more info I put two pics: the american engine and a being restored english. You easily can see the differences. On the american one you cannot see the pump, hiden by the main chassis board

Attachments:
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.