Early Suffolk Punch

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Early Suffolk Punch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Evening all
    Last week, I picked up a very early 14″ Suffolk Punch, Mk1A engine, probably 1st year of production, however unfortunately the casting that sits behind the blade is badly broken and my attempts at welding it have distorted it. The issue is that the casting seems to be substantially different from most regular 14″ Punches. Initially I assumed this was because it was very early, however I have noticed that most regular Punches do not seem to have the microset adjustment that mine has.

Does anyone have the parts diagram out of a 14″ Punch manual, that has the microset adjustment. I am hoping that it is the same part, which will narrow down my sources for it.

Even better, do anyone have any detailed photos of the casting that holds the bottom blade on a 14″ microset Suffolk Punch?

Just for your interest

Thanks

Andrew

vhgmcbuddy

Oh, I’ve just realised that the link didn’t work…

Andrew

dave
    Participant

Andrew, Most of the Ransomes Paperwork is held at the Ipswich transport museum
    or the M.E.R.L. good luck. Dave.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Dave, I’ll ask at the transport museum, as Dad id up there often
    That link still doesn’t work, so copy and paste this if you want

Andrew

vhgmcbuddy

hi mowersman, do you have a clear picture and measurements of the blade casting? i may have one for you

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Kev, no dimensions at the moment, but I do have pictures

Its off a 14″ mower, so should be about 14″ wide. The later one is significantly different, so can’t be confused
    Andrew

vhgmcbuddy

thanks for the pictures, unfortunately it is quite different to what i have so unable to help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.