Does anyone recognise this?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Does anyone recognise this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Having recently bought this trusty, it is clear someone has done quite a bit of work on it and just wondered if anyone recognises it. It is also listed on the trusty list on this website.

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

Could you post a side view of the Trusty to give us a better idea of the tractor. If you send me a pm with the serial number I will amend the Trusty Register and let you know what I can about it.

Geoff Ravenhall

vhgmcbuddy

Side view.

Attachments:
    trusty220
    Keymaster

That’s a nice, straight and original single speed Trusty. The slot in the side of the left hand handlebar is for the brake lever rod- when the Safety Reverse was fitted (an optional extra) the lever to engage the reverse gear fitted underneath the left hand handlebar in the position that the brake lever was normally fitted, so the brake lever was re-positioned to the side of the handlebar and it’s actuating rod went inside the tube through the slot.

Many of the single speed tractors from the late 40’s were neither fitted with a brake or a Safety Reverse but still appeared with a slot in the side of the handlebar. It appears that a whole batch was made like this, so please don’t go searching for gearboxes or brakes because the probability is that it was never fitted with either.

Did you ever get the dog clutches to engage smoothly? Trusty clutch springs are available from the club shop if you need them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.