Case Ingersoll Tractors

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Case Ingersoll Tractors

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi – Just bought myself a Case Ingersoll 448 garden tractor. Anybody know much about these? In particular, availability of spares?

Thanks,

Kevin

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

There has got to be someone here who can help you. hang in there.. make a winter project for you and its not the norm so looking forward to the remake.

vhgmcbuddy

will look well done up does it have a 18hp onan engine fitted does it run early 80s tractor still comands good money well worth restoring good luck will keep watching

hillsider
    Participant

http://www.casegardentractorparts.com

I found the company above after a google search, they are located n the USA but they may be able to help you with parts and information it depends on shipping rates etc. They may also know of a stockist in the UK or Europe, there is also a good chance that one of our contributors here will have seen this make of machine and know more about the importers of it.

From your photos it look to be quite a rugged machine, there is a chance that although badged Case Ingersoll it may have been produced for them by another better know company.
    A previous post has asked about the engine fitted to it, if you can identify this and post us some details we may well be able to aim you in the direction of parts and information for the engine if not the rest of the machine
    Ray.

wristpin
    Participant

Guess that you have already been to the Ingersoll Case Facebook page, but if not it’s worth a kook

Or the Wikipedia page which gives some history of the relationship between Ingersoll and Case.

That deck hitching system is very similar to the one used on the Cub Cadets of the 70s and 80s

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the responses. Yes, it is an Onan engine. Does anybody know who supplies Onan spares in this country?

According to the serial number on the tractor chassis it was manufactured in 1986. Fortunately they are still manufactured in the US (made by Ingersoll) but not available in the UK.

Ray – thanks for link. I will send them an email to see if they can supply spares to the UK. I’ll have a look at the engine and get a serial number for that to see if engine spares can be UK sourced (I’m sure they can, just haven’t found it yet!).

Again, if anybody knows of these machines in the UK please let me know!

Some more photos for you all.

Cheers,

Kevin

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Onan engine parts are distributed by Cummins in the UK – not cheap!

Cummins UK, 40-44 Rutherford Drive, Park Farm Industrial Estate,
    Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 6AN, UK.
    Email:cduksales@Cummins.com

Tel: +44 (0)1933 334200 Fax: +44 (0)1933 334198

hillsider
    Participant

I also tried searching for Onan parts and all roads seem to lead to Cummins as Angus has stated, it will be interesting hear how you get on talking to them about parts for your engine. Their parts and service operation used to be very good, but my experience with them was for truck size or larger engines.
    Ray.

wristpin
    Participant

I also tried searching for Onan parts and all roads seem to lead to Cummins as Angus has stated, it will be interesting hear how you get on talking to them about parts for your engine. Their parts and service operation used to be very good, but my experience with them was for truck size or larger engines.
    Ray.

My experience of dealing with them was about four years ago with parts for a twin cylinder in a Wheelhorse. Straight forward transaction other than a wait for one bit that had to come from the US.

vhgmcbuddy

Just got the model and serial number of the engine and sent if off to Cummins. We’ll see what the response is!

Kevin

hillsider
    Participant

Fingers crossed.

vhgmcbuddy

that certainly looks a well built machine

vhgmcbuddy

This may seem a long shot I know Case no longer exist as a functioning name in the UK but I did at one time deliver Case Tractors for a living Try your Local Case (New Holland ) tractor dealer for spares Some of them did sell the Garden tractors too, for Equine use etc You never know .

Friend of mine asked in his local Ford Tractor dealership aand got a wheelbarrow full of bits #for the 1210 (Iseki ) Ford just a thought .

Cummins now own the Onan name not sure about spares try them they are as previously stated usually pretty good

vhgmcbuddy

Well, I sent an email to Cummins/Onan last Monday with a general enquiry but, to date, received no response. So I might try with a phone call sometime soon. Seems to be a host of support in the US but not a lot over here.

I tried the link that Ray (hilsider) provided and contacted the vendor for an idea of shipping costs and they charge $60 (£45-ish) for a 6lb package so I might have to get a shopping list together.

In the meantime, if anybody has any bright ideas…

richard
    Participant

As the owner of a case 210,i know what you are going through trying to locate parts in the uk.Engine parts are not a problem for my tractor as it is fitted with a kholer 10 hp engine but every thing else has to be imported as i have yet to find anyone who stocks parts or knows any thing about these tractors.
    At present i am waiting for a shipping price from casegardentractorparts as i have deceided to sort the pto clutch on my tractor so will let you know the cost .They seem to be a good firm as they replyed to my email i sent on sat pm within a couple of hours and their prices seem to be alot cheaper than other internet suppliers.
    Looking at your photo,s the mower deck is possibly a j 45 rotary mower which uses the same mounting brackets as my tractor.I do have the parts book for this as well as the service manual for pto clutch.
    Case garden tractor were manufactured by J I CASE,this part of the company was sold of in the mid 80,s when Tenneco case,s owner bought International Harvester who had run in to severe money problems.At about the same time IH sold their garden machinery devision to MTD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.