B&S Powered pumpset.

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects B&S Powered pumpset.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sidevalve44
    Participant

Not really a piece of garden machinery but has potential ! Bought this old (1960) pump-set this morning from a member in neighbouring Oxfordshire.
    The engine is a Briggs and Stratton model 80331 and is, I guess, about 1.5HP.
    If anyone has any information or literature on this pump-set I would appreciate it.

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

Nice little pump. If you google Pegson there are plenty of hits. Knew that they made big stuff, mucky pumps, rammers and big tracked crushing plant but was unaware that they also made small stuff. Don’t start it up and run the pump dry, may damage the seals.

sidevalve44
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Angus. Luckily, the engine is a non runner (no spark) but, will bear this in mind when I do get it going. I have looked up Pegson, and there is, as you say, a lot of hits. Nothing on mine though.

stuart
    Participant

The engine is 3hp.I have a complete NOS 3hp engine for a water pump which has the same small “Flo-Jet” carburettor as yours.The crankshaft has an external thread for the water pumps impeller to be screwed on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.