bmb hoemate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    moggyjim
    Participant

picked up a new toy at the weekend runs starts and stops. Tires are rather perished The size appears to be dunlop 20×4 how hard is it to get new rubber cleated or stock grasstires. wheels look the same as mayfield ???? Delighted to have the original brockhouse engine. Must watch out for a tool bar..

franktonpaget
    Participant

Tyre size is 20 x 4
    Brockhouse engine is the industrial version of Spryt engine two stroke 1:20 mix,engine was also used in Brockhouse corgi mini motorbike for paratroopers, in bike is kick start in hoemate recoil starter
    Interesting attachment would be front cutterbar or trailer with brakes and seat !!

stuart
    Participant

The Brockhouse engine is rope start (not recoil start).I have a front cutterbar mower for mine as well as a plough and cultivator.

moggyjim
    Participant

Rather jealous i have a plough but no tool bar. What colour should the nose be as mine is red and many i see are raw ali ??

stuart
    Participant

Yes mine is red too (its all in original condition and never been repainted which is just how I like them :)).
     photo DSC02241.jpg

franktonpaget
    Participant

Not sure about cast fronts being painted red ,none of the BMB literature I have shows painted fronts even black and white there is distinct lighter colour to fronts
    There would also appear to be various patterns of cast front
    At the end of the day as with paint colours it is your machine and a “as found” condition to me just records the life of the machine
    Couple of illustrations from literature attached

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.