Barford trailer

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Ok Thanks for that I might well.

vhgmcbuddy

I’d be interested in having a natter with you about your trailer. Can we talk?
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Chris
    I will try and take some photos of it and post them so you can see what it looks like
    That might take a few days as I don’t have it at home.
    Then I will ring you
    Alan

vhgmcbuddy

Here are some photos of my Barford Atom and Trailer
    I have a plough and other bits that go with it
    I bought it with the intention of restoring it but haven’t got going with it.
    I haven’t had the engine running but now I have got it out and hitched up the trailer for the first time it has inspired me to get on with it.
    There is no throttle cable on the machine and it never looks as if there’s never been one is that correct?

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Nice – mine had no cable either but it should do. What’s your plan are you going to work on it or are you in the market for an offer for it all?
    C

charlie
    Keymaster

Nice to see another dump trailer has survived, the wheels look like replacements. There should be a throttle cable, without it engine will run on govenor and only have one speed.

vhgmcbuddy

I’ve managed to find a suitable SCH trailer and need to create a hitch to the atom and rig some kind of brake.
    Does anyone have photos that could help?
    C

charlie
    Keymaster

The hitch consists of a tube that fits in the rear tool bracket on the Barford. This tube is closed at each end but has a hole in each end, one end is a slot to allow for movement. A pin drops down through jaw of trailer and this tube. I will need to dig actual hitch out of shed to get dimensions and photos.

charlie
    Keymaster

Photos of hitch as promised.Dimensions are 5″ overall length, 2 3/8″ overall diameter; hole in end is 1 1/32″ slot in other end is a bit wider and side pieces that make slot are welded on approx 3 mm proud of end and are about 10mm thick. There is a 3/8″ hole half way along one side of the main tube; this for bolt on back of Barford to screw into and lock it in the tool holder. The pin is 25mm diameter and 234mm long with 5 mm holes approx 9mm from each end.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Charlie, thanks that’s helpful.
    Would you be able to show it coupled up as I’m not sure I follow (I’m a bear of very little engineering brain…)
    Thanks
    Shez

vhgmcbuddy

Actually – no need I have just found the other photos you posted.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.