Barford saw bench

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hortiman
    Participant

Have you Barford fans come across one of these attachments seen at a local sale? I know one of our club members showed an interest but not sure if he followed it up. I think they must be a bit scarce!
    Chris

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

That’s a nice find, did you get it?

vhgmcbuddy

Thats a very nice bit of kit.

vhgmcbuddy

Very good, been well looked after by the looks of it.

johne
    Participant

A nice bit of kit and well worth having. I have not see one in the flesh other than in a sales brochure.
    It is the saw attachment designed for use with the Barford Mechanical Gardener. The trangular casting locks on the front of the MG tractor and power is via a V belt pulley. In the second photo you can see a rather hefty drive pulley shaft on the MG tractor. The pulley wheel is missing.

stevewoollas
    Participant

The Barford Atom saw bench is a desirable attachment and one we would like to find to accompany our Atom 15 and actually cut logs with it.
    Our Atom 15 will be at Newark with a rotavator attachment–Steve

charlie
    Keymaster

I would say that is a very rare attachment for the smaller Barford Atom (Mechanical Gardener). If I remember correctly one club member does have a saw bench for the 15/30, which of course has a different fitting.

wingnut
    Participant

i will be takeing Barford Atom 30 to Newark with rotavator attachment might also bring the saw bench with me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.