barford atom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hybridv8
    Participant

Hi,happy new year to everyone,I decided to pull my barford 30 out of the shed today to give it a dusting off ready for some allotment work (if the rain ever stops) and I have some questions that I hope the experts on here will know,first of all does anyone know the thread size for the front tool locking screw mine is full of crud and I don’t think its been used for years,also if anyone has a front tool locking screw (DA1009T) and front tool locking bar (DA1151T) I would be very interested in purchasing them,can anybody give me an idea of the manufacturing date s/no:A6295/3 , engine no:572C39482 mark 15hs and lastly does anybody have a spare plastic bowl that sits under the carb that I could buy or know of where I could buy one I would be grateful.Many thanks Phil.

charlie
    Keymaster

Just had a look at the screw on my Barford 30 and measured thread, 12 TPI, major diameter 18.85mm minor diameter 16.66mm this is close to 3/4 BSF, but not having a tap or die that size I cannot confirm this. Air filter bowl should be obtainable from Meetens, speak to Paul as he knows all about Villiers engines. Unfortunately cannot date machine or engine from serial number, but if you have the cowling off a date may be stamped on the flywheel.

hybridv8
    Participant

Many thanks Charlie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.