Are we missing a trick?

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Are we missing a trick?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

vhgmcbuddy

charlie
    Keymaster

Nigel thanks for sharing videos, a good arena and working display. Well done to Steve D for commentary.

roatavator
    Participant

Great videos Nigel!

In fairness to the organisers at Marsham there was a display of the horticultural machines in the ring. But at all other times the machines just stood in their pen with no owners around, and virtually no-one looking at them. The same could be said for the tractors, which other than the time in the ring, were silent and neglected, with no owner on hand.

My point is that if, as owners, we took the trouble to be with the machines every now and then and start them up maybe every hour or so, it would make our exhibits more entertaining. The sight of someone trying to start a machine always attracts attention. As a spectator its good to be able to chat with the chap who owns the machine, and starting one up nearly always gets a conversation going.

In the good old days when I had transport, I preferred to take the collection to working events. To my surprise spectators would come up and start asking questions, even trying to talk over the sound of a SIMAR! Often I had to stop the engine to hear them, then giving them the treat of seeing me struggle to start up a hot and reluctant 2-stroke!

Its the machines running that brings the exhibit to life and attracts the attention.

vhgmcbuddy

hes some more

vhgmcbuddy

vhgmcbuddy

vhgmcbuddy

then we all had a laugh

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.