Aquired a Ransome MG2 and I need some help

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Aquired a Ransome MG2 and I need some help

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi there,
    I’m new to this forum and I’m also hoping that someone out there can assist me with my latest acquisition, which is a Ransome MG2. The engine is seized (not an issue) but no mag or front cover although I have the timing chain and sprockets. also the cooling fan housing will need to be replaced as it is pretty bad condition (rotted through)
    Can anyone point me in a direction for possible spares etc. I can make several things as I have a lathe and milling machine but other things could be a problem !!!

Many thanks old50mm

ransomes256
    Participant

Send me an email and I am sure I will be able to help you out.
    njarrett@btinternet.com
    Neil

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I have various spares covers manifolds etc make a list of what you need.

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I have a cooling fan and housing spare.

dave
    Participant

I have a MG2 service/handbook I can pdf download to you
    if you need it.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi there expeatfarmer,
    Many thanks for your reply to my question. At present I need a new cooling cowl complete, a timing chain front cover (cam to mag drive) and possibly a magneto if you have one. I am aiming to remove the engine and primary gear box possibly today and this may reveal yet other parts that require replacing????

Let me know what you have and can do and cost and I will reply asap.

Many thanks again

Peter

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Neil,
    My email address is peter@jantar.plus.com. Any type of assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

expeatfarmer
    Participant

Hi peter I do have a fan assembly and a timing case cover. I do not have a whole magneto, I have a body and rotor which Neil may be able to restore for you if he does not have a whole unit.
    Jonathan

vhgmcbuddy

Wow what service this is !!!! I will gladly take the offer of the cooling fan and front cover. I do have a Lucas SR1 Magneto which may fit I’m not sure as yet as I have not got that far. Can you let me know cost etc and I will arrange with you. Mob 07974698051

Peter

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Jonathan, one thing I meant to ask, do you have or know where I could get a cylinder head gasket from ?? Or can some form of substitute be used ??

Peter

expeatfarmer
    Participant

I have a spare used head gasket which if annealed will be fine, Neil may have new ones they are solid copper about .75mm thick.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.