Allen Scythe Spare parts

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Allen Scythe Spare parts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,
    I have just stripped down my TS Allen Scythe and found the large cogged wheel at the back of the machine has several teeth missing which answers why it stopped working!! Any ideas where I can get a replacement one please. I am not a mechanic just an old lady who wants her scythe working again so apologies if this is not what it is called.
    Many thanks.

charlie
    Keymaster

Most likely source would be from another machine, someone may have one they have or are breaking for spares.

vhgmcbuddy

Dont often see old ladies using allen scythes! Let alone taking them apart!!

Never seen or heard of one ever breaking gears in the gearbox

I am sure I have some new old stock gears you need. I cant be sure till I go to the workshop & look

Where are you based?? I can post IF I have the correct part

Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for your post. It was not difficult to take it apart!! Found all the bits of teeth in the bottom of the oil………. I am in Devizes, Wiltshire but I think I have managed to source a large gear wheel from Villiers but want to speak with them on Monday just to make sure we are talking about the same thing!
    Have you any ideas why this may have happened? Could I have been asking it to do too much – I am clearing a patch of land with large docks and thistles?
    Kind regards,
    Saxony

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.