Allen Scythe Cultivator , Which Model is it?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Allen Scythe Cultivator , Which Model is it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have just bought on that well known site this cultivator for the Allen Scythe, it is supposed to be for the “Universal” model “F” that has the plug in tools, can anyone confirm this from the photo,s please?, it looks to me more like the fitting for the “TS” that bolts to the bottom plate instead of the blade bar, can anyone confirm? thanks Plonker

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

It could be it has been modified to fit a T or TS. The literature I have for the F shows a long and a short square bar extending back to fit in the sockets on the F, in line with the shorter bar is another bar extending forward to carry a depth wheel.

vhgmcbuddy

Ah, another one of my ex allen attachments!!

Right. It is for a Model F machine, BUT you have the depth wheel missing.

Looks like its been adapted in the past to fit another machine. Not an Allen. That plate will just bend if used in anger. The bars which that plate it bolted to are not long enough for a model F.

Bit of a bitza. Never noticed it when I had it. Came with a job lot, which in turn sold to Ade, the guy you brought it from!

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for that, It looks like the one in the Allen catalogue for the “F” but as you say seems to have been modified, it will be easy enough to put on two more square bars, and I have a depth wheel from a model ts cultivator, I just couldnt work out what the angle plate was for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.