Allen Scythe 25C Electronic Ignition

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Allen Scythe 25C Electronic Ignition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello I have an Allen Scythe with a Villiers 25C engine (the two stroke version). The condenser and points need replacing, but instead I’m considering upgrading it to electronic ignition. I saw another post where someone mentioned they upgraded one and managed to somehow retain the speed governor – does anyone have any further information on this please? Thanks in advance. Ray.

andyfrost
    Participant

I can’t fathom out how that is possible , if you just need it as a working machine , it won’t come to any harm , with CAREFUL use , to use it without the electronic govenor.

Andy.

wristpin
    Participant

That post was mine and referred to a conversion that my late business partner and I did in the early 80s. Having done a straight forward conversion we found the revs somewhat difficult to control. After a bit of head scratching we repurposed the existing points to act as a switch in the feed from the electronic module. The passage of time doesn’t help with remembering exactly What we did but as far as I can remember we considered it to be successful.

vhgmcbuddy

Ahh I thought it might be something along those lines, I’ll have a look into it. Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.