A few more photos of the horticultural section at GDSF

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion A few more photos of the horticultural section at GDSF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hortiman
    Participant

A few more photos of 2015 GDSF horticultural section.

Attachments:
    mickattwo
    Participant

keep them coming v good mix of m/cs

trusty220
    Keymaster

What’s the small rotavator with a Briggs & Stratton engine on, photo No. 521? I can read ROTO-….. and I can safely say that it’s a new one on me. American by any chance…..?

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Mr Trusty220
    I hope all is well with you and yours.

The small machine is an American ‘rotoette’ here fitted with the rotary cultivator attachment, it does appear at GDSF sometimes with toolbar and tines. It is owned by Jon Van den Broek from Belgium, a keen supporter of VHGMC events and other horticultural working shows.
    I will find a few more photos later.
    Chris

trusty220
    Keymaster

I thought it looked American. Thanks for the reply, I hope everything is still going fine with you in Wales.

roatavator
    Participant

Is the first photo of the gun tractor a Holt?
    If so, did you all clock the price paid for one at the recent large Norfolk auction of vintage tractors?

(£150k for those who didn’t, I’m not envious, it wouldn’t have fitted in my garage with the SIMARS anyway)

hortiman
    Participant

Hello Peter.
    Yes, it is a Holt, apparently it is owned by the Harris Family from Dorset, it has appeared at GDSF in the past, but in agricultural guise. It ran very well and looked convincing in military mode.
    Chris

Attachments:
    roatavator
    Participant

Beautiful machine, thanks for the extra photos Chris.
    Very similar machine to the Gyrotiller, but so far as I can glean from the net, no relationship between the two. I have seen a Gyrotiller in the past but not yet the Holt. I’ll eventually make the treck to GDSF, but its a long way from Norfolk!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.