Throttle cables

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mickattwo
    Participant

I have a Villiers small engine and the throttle inner cable is frayed. I s there an easy way of undoing the outer cable so I can shorten the inner which is frayed.>I cannot remove the inner from the carb? Any advice appreciated.

charlie
    Keymaster

A few questions.
    You say you cannot remove inner from carb, why?
    How is inner attached to carb?
    How is inner attached to throttle lever?
    Inner cables usually terminate at both ends with a nipple that is soldered on. A photo of your engine and throttle would help.

mickattwo
    Participant

Charlie the inner cable is attached to the slide in the carb and wont come fully out. The carb is an AMAL the engine is Villiers from a Ransome 14 lawnmower. I do not know much about carbs but I understand that Villiers used several types on the same model engine.

charlie
    Keymaster

To remove the inner from the slide slacken off the adjusters completely on both the carb and the throttle lever. Remove inner from lever. You should then be able to push the inner into the slide far enough to get the nipple on the end out; note there is a spring in the slide. If the inner is frayed you will need to replace it. Probably best to speak to John Cruse at The Mower Centre, Hailsham, he can supply a complete cable the correct length if you give him the details.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.