land master kestrel

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines land master kestrel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

hi i have a land master kestrel but a problem has arisen when using it yesterday and that is the rotor is slipping and not digging ..on inspection all chains and the clutch are working but the wheels are driving but it wont dig any ideas any one please
    thanks pete

vhgmcbuddy

Hi, have you checker in the rotor chain case. With engine stopped and the rotors in drive, have you tried turning the rotors by hand.

vhgmcbuddy

hi owen
    i have done this and the rotor was not lose and when you start to use it it grips then after 2 or 3mins it just stops with very little force required
    i took off the top plates and to be honest i have never seen a more greased machine in my life ,,all chains were in place and all i could feel was there appeared to be something that felt rubbery on one of the shafts deep inside the machine on the rotor drive could this be a couch drive? to take the shock out of the chains //////the clutch was not slipping as far as i could tell also one other thought has occured since i read your reply wether one of the drive cogs to the rotor has snapped off the key on the shaft ans the gear is slipping on the shaft as only the grub screw would be holding it other than that i have at this no clue thanks for replying
    pete

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.