Displaying at events

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Displaying at events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bish
    Participant

Hi I’ve just become a full member and as a result I can now read the last issues of The Cultivator. I notice in the last issue we’re putting a display on at the Vintage Gathering at Astwood bank which I will be visiting on Sunday. Now there’s a phone number in the magazine for the event, is it merely a case of phoning that number or have I left it too late to add a machine for display? Also the machine I’m wanting to display isn’t a shiny restored example more so an original worked example, would this be acceptable on the display stand or does it need to be a restored/mint example?

ted20
    Participant

hello there as an organiser of an event in the north east of England I would turn anyone with an exhibit away, we need as many entries as possible however a lot of rallies do not accept entries on the day. my advice would be to ring them as regards your machine not being bulled up and shiny a lot of exhibits are in what I call their working clothes ie as found good luck and happy rallying

trusty220
    Keymaster

Knowing what the organisers are like, they won’t turn anything away but I would ‘phone them up just to make sure that you will be welcomed.
    Don’t worry about shiny paint (or the lack of it), the more exhibits the better as far as I’m concerned.
    See you there on the day.

vhgmcbuddy

As an organiser of several events and gatherings over the years I can only agree with the above comments, the more the merrier but a phone call would be a good idea !!

ted20
    Participant

i apologise to Bish I left a very important word out of my reply it should have read I WOULD NEVER TURN AWAY ANY EXHIBIT. I do not know personally what the rally at Astwood Bank is like but if the Davies family do it it will be good. when I worked for Van Hee transport we had a depot in his yard and he is a perfect gentleman

martin-ellison
    Participant

dave us northerners under stood what you was saying even if you did not write it properly
    i agree contact show provider they are usually pretty good at letting you show as long as you have proper insurance ted20 welcomed me into his show and made me feel welcome
    natural is best just has they they have finish work my mowers are unrestored

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.