Clifford A111 Tiller

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Clifford A111 Tiller

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello Just joined. Recently purchased the Clifford now running sweetly all it needed was a quick service and a repair to the fuel feed. It has spring tines and what I call turf cutters (“L” shaped spring tine) I would like to purchase some new tines and would appreciate help in sourcing these. Also, I have one spare tine and several springs but cannot work out how to put the two together.

Is it possible to convert to a Rotavator blades

I have few spares for the J.A.P. fuel tank bracket and a governor housing.

charlie
    Keymaster

Do the tines attach directly to the spring or are they attached to an insert in the loop of the spring? I suspect it is the former, which is the same as the Rototiller and can be a puzzle at first. The photo below is an extract from the Rototiller manual and may help with fitting.
    As far as I know there are no suppliers of new tines or springs in the UK. A collector in Holland has details of some new tines on his website, it might be worth a look.
    I have included a pdf copy of the same page which might be a bit clearer than the photo.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Charlie,

Thanks for that the spring and tine went together. It’s good when you know how. Do you have any idea’s on conversion to standard rotavator blades?

Thank you

charlie
    Keymaster

When you say standard I guess you mean bolt on like a Howard Gem. With a bit of engineering work it should be possible to fabricate a new sleeve to go over the rotor shaft and have suitable webs welded to it, not something I had thought of. One problem could be damage to drive train as there would be no spring to absorb the shock from the tines especially if large stones or roots are hit.

vhgmcbuddy

That’s a very good point. The manual shows the construction of the gearbox and it would be interesting to compare this with a Howard of the same size / power output. Thanks for the link on the tines I will contact them and let you know how I get on.

jtg1
    Participant

att some time they did produce one with blades, think i still have a few blades as rest of machine was so bad, appart from a few bits was scrapped years ago

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you jtg attach a photo of the tines and springs I have. Are the ones you have similar to the tine to the left of the mounting spring? If so would you be prepared to part with them. Thanks again David

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.