BMB Ploughmate

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author
    franktonpaget
    Participant

Good machine with what looks like a original drive belt

A old chap (78)in the next village still uses his Ploughmate for his potato growing preferring it to the grey ferguson and ransomes mg he also has.
    Just a word of caution a friend of mine had one which his son decided to start up, in gear it pulled him over and then went through the garden shed in one side out the other not breaking the cast front, it did stall when the steel wheels got caught in the chicken run wire fence and wound the fence around the wheels demolishing the run with distressed chickens heading in all directions
    Those steel wheels do have some grip, once saw one being loaded onto trailer,owner released clutch to stop machine but belt rode up onto pulley flange and continued driving taking machine over trailer front onto drawbar and then steel wheels bit into car hatchback and up into rear window before falling sideways off back of roof. what a mess.
    You make mental note and remember but I sometimes think we have regulations about using our machines at events and I have no problems with that but on reflection I have seen more mishaps in loading and unloading at events.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.