Vintage Horticultural & Garden Machinery Working Day

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Vintage Horticultural & Garden Machinery Working Day

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    andyfrost
    Participant

Weather is looking nice and kind , looking forward to this one.

Andy.

roatavator
    Participant

Yes Andy, looks to be likely to be dry. Decision time, what shall I bring? Thinking about F80 Honda plough and Howard Gem Hatz diesel, depends what starts easiest!

roatavator
    Participant

Well, supposed to be cloudy but dry this afternoon. Continuous rain, thanks BBC Weather… Fed up with loading in the rain now just bringing Honda, assuming the forecasters can get it right some of the time.

andyfrost
    Participant

Peter , have faith , it won’t rain tomorrow. Commers pull and ride better fully loaded……..fill it right up.

Andy.

dave
    Participant

Peter, Bring the Simar and let us all hear a two
    stroke giving its best. looking forward to seeing all of you there.
    Dave.

roatavator
    Participant

Sorry chaps, I didn’t realise the SIMAR was so popular! It wasn’t because I think it will rain tomorrow that I left it at one machine Andy, I’d had it with rain running down the back of my neck while prancing about on the Commer bed.
    Its dark now, and neighbours might object to being woken up by the sound of a healthy 2-stroke first thing on a Sunday.
    However, for those who like being deafened, I’ll be at Little Ellingham with the SIMARs later in the year! And a plug for Tracks and Steel Wheels in the Autumn, great event this in North Elmham, lots of heavy crawlers and the odd few tracked and steel wheeled horticulturals. Good day out, again we’ll be there.

roatavator
    Participant

A big thank you to all involved in putting this event on. Great opener to the season. Gets bigger and better every year. There would be photos but some idiot forgot his phone. Never mind I’m sure someone more sensible than me will post some. Highlight for me was the Petter V4 crawler, what a noise on straight pipes! And 3 David Brown 2Ds. And the fact that the Honda ran faultlessly!

andyfrost
    Participant

Echo what Peter says , a HUGE thanks to all the organisers.

Andy.

wingnut
    Participant

many thanks to all you guys who travel to bring machines what a good day and the weather was kind yet again. I will try sort some pics out soon and put a bit together for the magazine,
    some nice unusual machines working 4 David Brown 2Ds 2 ploughing 1 cultivating and 1 drilling
    2 Gunsmith mk1 and mk2 and a good turn out of trustys

roatavator
    Participant

Whoops only saw 3 2Ds, must need new glasses, mind you only went for a quick look round, having too much fun with Honda.

dave
    Participant

A big thank you to all the organisers at Stanfield. A good day out,
    meeting old friends and making new ones and having a good time
    with all the old machines.
    Looking forward to next year.
    Dave.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.