Lister Model A 1938 and Ord and Maddison Cotton Cake Crusher 1943

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Lister Model A 1938 and Ord and Maddison Cotton Cake Crusher 1943

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

here it is. hopefully. http://youtu.be/KkIGxecoQGE

vhgmcbuddy

vhgmcbuddy

what distance would be ideal to couple the machines together as the belt I have running on the video is 20 ft long

vhgmcbuddy

done 2 videos I hope they come up.

vhgmcbuddy

vhgmcbuddy

trying this

vhgmcbuddy

John, Congratulations on the Lister restoration, as good as all your other work, Stunning stuff.

vhgmcbuddy

many thanks Philip. my next job which envolves this project is mount it all on a trailer ,which I would like to start this weekend coming. my first show is on easter sunday so I had better get cracking. once its done I will get someone to video it with myself demonstrating what its duty in life was.

vhgmcbuddy

Dispite snowy showers have battled against the elements to mount the engine and crusher.Not an easy task to do on your own,but a chap was passing by on his bike and I flagged him down. He asked what was the matter,i said if he was physicaly able could he help me on with the crusher. He was more than glad to help at first but by the end of the exercise he was that exhausted ,he pushed the bike home. Nice chap though wont ask him again as he may decline after this one.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Looks a smart outfit now John, I recon that nice chap might take a detour in the future.

vhgmcbuddy

such a nice guy Owen maybe he will get over it and ask if there is anything else I would like ?????? Somehow I cannot see it.i do feel sorry for him never the less.

vhgmcbuddy

been looking at my water bucket and the skep for catching the finished product,and I think they would look more the part with the lister logo on.also the oil can needs some as well might go the hole hog as its showtime.

charlie
    Keymaster

Just a thought, what will it tow like as there seems to be a fair amount of weight quite high up, would hate to see the whole lot tip over on a bend after so much hard work getting to this stage. I think the chap on the will definetly be giving your house a wide berth in future

vhgmcbuddy

Good point that Charlie and thanks. Now the engine weighs 450 kgs and the crusher weighs in at 200 kgs. the crusher is 1ft rear of the back axel and the engine is at the front of the trailer. I thought about weight transfer on the length of the trailer and two thirds should be on tow hich end and a third rear of back axel. so we are nearly there. I realise about the concern over the height of the engine in relation to the trailer floor and will proceed with caution. thanks again for this queery.

wristpin
    Participant

Are you sue about that two thirds on the tow hitch? For a caravan the recommendation seems to be seven percent of the gross weight.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘Lister Model A 1938 and Ord and Maddison Cotton Cake Crusher 1943’ is closed to new replies.