SACHS 600cc 2-stroke diesel engine

Home Forums General Help and information SACHS 600cc 2-stroke diesel engine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I recently acquired a STAUB PP6D motorculteur; having split the front pulley and removed the fan-belt, I was then able to take the first section of the engine shroud off. The next task is to remove the actual cooling fan, which appears to be held fast by a circular collar, mounted on the same shaft as the nut which secures the fan-belt pulley. This collar has to segments cut out on the circumference, and a series of small holes in the face of said collar. Similar arrangement to those on an angle grinder, and no the key for my two large angle-grinders are not big engough. I’ve tried a pair of ‘stilsons’ and they couldn’t budge it. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Attachments:
    hillsider
    Participant

While I am not familiar with the Sachs engine set up have you consdered that the nut holding the fan in place could have a left hand thread?

It may be possible to make your own Peg Spanner or alternatively search the internet for a reasonably priced one such as this example

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/adjustable-grinder-pin-wrench/

vhgmcbuddy

Hillsider – thank you for the information re ‘peg spanner’, I will certainly follow that one up. Using the stilsons I tried both left and right hand thread options, currently all to no avail. I shall saturate the area even more with WD40 and have another go during next week. Watch this space as they say.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.